Maybe you’ve heard rumors that the number of Facebook users is declining and you’re wondering if it’s worth the trouble to start and/or maintain your Business Page. I just read this article today (yes, I realize it was posted on January 30th!), Facebook Posts $1.58 Billion Q4 Revenue, $5 Billion For The Year and it leads me to believe that Facebook isn’t going away anytime soon!
If you haven’t setup your Facebook Business Page or have been neglecting it, let me give you 5 reasons to reconsider:
1. Separate Personal Life from Business Life: Do you really want your business contacts to know the details of your personal life that you share with your “friends”?
2. Inexpensive Advertising: By using a Facebook page for your business, you can reach more potential clients and have access to relatively inexpensive advertising. It’s easy to setup an ad, you can set your target market and set the amount of money you want to spend.
3. Ability to assign “Roles”: if you have multiple employees, a virtual assistant, or a Social Media Manager who will be editing the page, you have the ability to assign various roles to each user and thereby, limiting access to various information. Content creator, insight analyst and manager are a few of the possible roles.
4. Facebook Scheduling: Write multiple posts at one setting and schedule them for a day, a week or a month in advance. I love this option! Since I manage business pages for my clients, this makes it easy and productive to schedule several posts at a time.
5. Relevant Information: Display business days and hours, mission statement, policies, specials and promotions, a link to your website, and other relevant business information.
I hope I’ve given you a few items to consider about setting up or maintaining your Facebook Business Page. Please contact me at 512-779-5626 if you need help!